Friday, November 25, 2011

Pink Friday

An old friend of mine, Allison Borngesser came into town for Thanks Giving Day. She got in touch with me on ye olde internet, and said that we should hang out. The day of the hang out, was today. Black Friday. She sent me a text message saying her arrival would be within the next ten minutes. So I prepare, and am standing on my porch waiting for her for a few.

I went back inside, and got a text from her saying that she had arrived, and so I walked back outside. I looked over the edge of the balcony to see if that was her car below me, and suddenly right in front of my face, a green humming bird with a pink head appears. It just floats there, in the air, looking right at me. Now I dyed my hair red for the first time ever about a week ago, and its already starting to fade and it looks more pink than red. (at least it does to me)

So this little pink headed dude flaps right up to me, maybe 3 feet away and just checks me out, then flits away at sub-sonic speeds. I don't think I've ever been that close to a humming bird, let alone one that had the same hair colour as me. It was awesome.

Cute little dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment