Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Caw Caw Caw

I see crows a lot. They really are everywhere you go. Anywhere you look there's a crow, and usually when there is one crow there is a second crow. I'd think a crow would be a big enough bird to survive on its own, but I guess they are social. I wonder if they always stay with the same crow, like they have one best crow buddy, or if they have several different crow pals they pal around with.

What about when they fly together with a huge number of other crows. Do you think they often lose sight of a cherished best crow friend, or fall out of touch with a trusted crow colleague? It's kind of a sad thought. Or maybe they simply don't care, and will party up with any crow of similar level. Perhaps they have some way of measuring their own rank compared to that of another crow, and that's how they decide who to join forces with.

I wonder if the crow duos are often mated pairs. Or always mated pairs. If so I think its cute that they go out together so often. They go everywhere together I bet.

Hmmm... Crows.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever watched crows dive bombing an eagle's nest? There is definitely some community awareness going on there.

    ReplyDelete