Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill

     With the Psych/Soc club at SPSCC, I went to San Francisco, Ca, from Apr 25-29. During that time I went on some amazing walks through a beautiful city and got completely smashed as well as very entirely hung-over. Aside from all of that there were a couple of instances which I will share. One of which is an experience which has a documentary about it.
     There is a population of wild parrots living on Telegraph Hill, somewhere in that huge city, near Coit tower. I had no idea that I'd actually be seing living real life wild parrots, but there they were. Too far away for us to view easily, it took a good deal of staring at trees before we spotted them. A small flock of them flew over-head, and to my giddy joy, they weren't squawking parrots, they were chattering and laughing parrots. Perhaps other people may not describe their sound as laughter, but this guy does. Me.
     Thinking back on that day, it was pretty amazing to see those birds flying around together. I remember wishing that I could just fly up and join with their party. They must have been having a good time up there, riding those breezes. I was and still am totally jealous. In fact, the 'me' that is writing this is jealous of the 'me' that is back in the past seeing those birds with wild-parrot-virgin-eyes. He is a lucky 'me', that bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment